Tuesday, February 28, 2017

PRIORITIZE!



Yes... it's been a few months (months!) since I've posted anything.  No chapters, no commentaries about writing, nothing.

And, of course, this is what I feared would happen.  I created this blog in order to keep myself on a schedule, to keep myself accountable... and I let the cares and problems of my life overwhelm me.

Okay, overwhelm is a bit strong.  It's more like I allowed the cares and problems of my life to shove my writing out of the way for a while.

I allowed it to happen.  And now I'm correcting the problem.  I'm prioritizing, making my writing at least as important as my everyday responsibilities, and more important than the problems that present themselves from time to time.

I'm a writer.  It's what I'm supposed to do with my life.  It's my passion, and, occasionally, my joy.

Passion can lead to joy.  I have to focus on this craft that I'm so passionate about in order to experience more joy in my life.

Onward to joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment